Are you that kind of person who worried too much? Is it possible to stop worrying?
Yes, you can stop worrying or at least eliminate most of your worries.
What are worries?
According to Wikipedia:
“Worry refers to the thoughts, images and emotions of a negative nature in which mental attempts are made to avoid anticipated potential threats. As an emotion it is experienced as anxiety or concern about a real or imagined issue.”
According to Merriam Webster:
“To think about problems or fears: to feel or show fear and concern because you think that something bad has happened or could happen.”
If you allow this thoughts to fill your mind, they would grow stronger. When we worry a lot, it will soon become negative thoughts and it makes us unhappy.
Yes it’s possible to stop worrying, but it requires some inner work on your part. You must invest some time and efforts to stop worrying and this goal will be worth your time and effort.
Here are 5 simple tips to stop worrying.
Be Aware of Your Thoughts
Eliminate your worries before they start grow stronger. When you feel that worries are starting to grow, do the one of these tips:
- Engage in any kind of sport or work out, to take your mind away from the worries.
- Watch funny or inspiring movies.
- Listen to inspirational and motivational music, or podcasts.
- Read inspirational and motivational quotes.
- Go out, meet friends you know who’s going to lift your spirit and cheer you up.
- Make yourself busy with any activity that you will enjoy and love doing.
Meditation may not be for everyone, but if you try to practice meditation, these will help you stop worrying and start living a more peaceful and happier life.
Imagine how free, calm and happy you would be, if you could stop taking things personally and getting upset by what people say or do.
Learn how emotional detachment techniques can help you let go of worries and negative thoughts, and deal calmly with upsetting situations and stressful people.
Learn about Emotional Detachment
3. Ask Yourself – Is it Real To Worry About?
Sometimes, they are just unreal fears that creates unnecessary stress and anxiety. Don’t let them trouble you if they are not real. And if they are real, instead of worrying too much about it, find ways to deal them in a more positive way and their causes.
4. Give Yourself Some Rest
When you feel hungry, tired or weak, often worries arise more easily. Therefore, give yourself time to take some rest and sleep. And afterwards, it would be easier to deal with what is real to worry to about.
5. Detach Yourself from Negative Thoughts
Try these even though it might not be easy. You might not succeed at first, but with consistency you will succeed.
Here are few tips to stop negative thinking:
- Try to be aware of your thoughts.
- Think often about the goods things you have in your life, and less about the bad things.
- Align your thinking with your actions.
- Sometimes, during the day, visualize yourself doing something you love doing.
- If negative thoughts persist, write them down, and analyze them to see if there is any truth in them.
- Surround yourself with positive people.
Learn how to stop getting stressed and tense and allowing negative thoughts and worries to harass you. Discover how to remain calm and poised in everyday life and in stressful situations.
Learn How to Attain Inner Peace
Disclosure: Some articles on this site may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, The Pinay GOAL Digger may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.