Date night questions for couples are the best way to stimulate meaningful and deep conversation. These are intentional and specific questions that you ask each other in order to make a deeper connection and intimacy in your relationship.
Everyday we speak and communicate with our spouse; however, most topics may seem ordinary and dull. As the relationship continues on, every day normal conversation may become routine and we may forget to discuss our deepest desires and fears with our spouse.
There is always more to learn from each other even if you have been together for a while.
Date night questions are a good way to break up the everyday normal routine of the same old questions. It’s a great way to learn from each other and see what is going on in the relationship and in the deepest parts of your partner’s hearts.
This is what keeps the relationship healthier and stronger.
Each time both of learn something new from each other, you both grow, and therefor so does the relationship.
How you use these date night questions is entirely up to you and to your spouse. You can pick 2 to 3 questions per date night and really go in depth with each answer, or maybe you can have some fun and set it up like the game show Jeopardy.
The main purpose of these date night questions is to get to know your spouse on a deeper level all over again and bring your date night to the next level which can further deepen the feelings of closeness and romance in your relationship.
Below is a list of 238 questions I compiled from various resources that you and your partner can choose from to ask each other on your next exciting and romantic date night.
238 Conversational Date Night Questions For Married Couples
1. What was your favorite class in high school?
2. What was the best party you ever went to?
3. What’s the happiest you ever felt?
4. What’s the most anxious you ever felt?
5. What’s the angriest you ever felt?
6. Do you believe in God?
7. What’s a question you’ve never asked me?
8. What’s your favorite personality trait of your own?
9. Which of your personality traits do you wish you could change?
10. Have you ever gotten really obsessed with some topic?
11. Did you collect stuff as a child?
12. Which of your parents did you go to when you wanted to talk?
13. What’s the most scared you ever felt, as a child?
14. What’s the accomplishment you are most proud of?
15. Where do you want to be living in 10 years?
16. Which of your friends would you choose if you had to be on a desert island with just one?
17. Which of your friends is most like you?
18. What do you think about couples who are married but live in different cities?
19. What do you think about couples who own a business together and spend all their time together?
20. Which would you like most: a summer house, a year-long vacation, or a boat?
21. What would you do with a million dollars?
22. What would you do with an extra $1,000 to spend only on yourself?
23. When you were a kid, did you feel that you fitted in?
24. What was your favorite subject in middle school?
25. Did you go through puberty before or after everyone else, or right on time?
26. Who was your first crush?
27. Who was your first kiss?
28. Who was the first person to have a crush on you?
29. Do you think of yourself as an introvert or an extrovert?
30. If you could go back in time, what age would you be again?
31. If you could see into the future, what would you want to know?
32. What’s your greatest talent?
33. What is your most unique trait?
34. What makes me different from other people you’ve been with?
35. What is the best thing about our relationship?
36. Do you ever compare yourself to other guys/girls?
37. Which of my friends do you think is the most fun?
38. Are you an optimist, a pessimist, or a realist?
39. When you wake up in the middle of the night, what do you think about?
40. If you had to change one thing about yourself, what would you pick?
41. Do you think I’m more of an optimist, a pessimist, or a realist?
42. As a teenager, did you ever rebel against your parents?
43. Who’s the closest person to you in your extended family?
44. Did you ever want more or fewer siblings?
45. How did you siblings shape who you are?
46. What was your favorite date night we ever had?
47. What are your secret thoughts when you see me at the end of the day?
48. Do you ever wish I could read your mind? When?
49. What things about me make you know I’m the one for you?
50. If you could relive a year in your life, what age would you choose?
51. What physical features of mine do you hope our kids receive?
52. What is your favorite date of ours?
53. Have you ever been in a studio audience for a tv show?
54. If you had to do an extreme sport, what would you do?
55. What is a favorite charity you love and why?
56. When was the last time you read a magazine, played a CD, or read from a physical book?
57. Which of your parents are you most like?
58. Which of your siblings are you most like?
59. What’s a new hobby you’ve always wanted to try?
60. What’s something you’ve always wanted to learn how to do?
61. If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
62. What does your ideal day look like?
63. What would you do with a week of solitary confinement?
64. What’s another career that you think you would enjoy?
65. What famous person would you want to meet and why?
66. If you could pick your own “Avengers” team of 6 people, who would be on your time and why?
67. Are you an optimist, pessimist, or a realist?
68. What do you want to name a pet, or your next pet?
69. If you bought a boat, what would you name it?
70. What job do you think you would have if you lived in the early 1900’s?
71. Who do you wish we lived closer to?
72. Which game show do you think you could win?
73. What genre of books would you spend the most time looking through in a bookstore?
74. How many days could you go without electricity?
75. How many days could you go without a phone?
76. How many telephone numbers do you actually have memorized?
77. If you went on a game show, which one would you want to be on?
78. What is the funniest prank you’ve ever played on someone?
79. Have you ever gotten in trouble playing a prank on someone?
80. Would you ever drive across the country in an RV?
81. If you could have a free punch to someone’s face, who would it be and why?
82. Do you think today’s generation of youth have it tougher than you did?
83. Would you like to be on a jury?
84. Do you think life on another planet could be discovered in our lifetime?
85. Who is your favorite late night tv show host?
86. What does your ideal Saturday look like in the Winter? Summer? Fall? Spring?
87. What was the first meal you ever made?
88. Has a self-help book ever helped you?
89. Who is an ancestor of yours that you admire?
90. Who is the best boss you’ve ever had and why do you admire them?
91. Was there anything unusual about your birth?
92. Do you think you would make a good politician?
93. Do you think you would make a good food critic?
94. Do you prefer looking at the sunrise or sunset?
95. What was the best “pay it forward” kindness experience you’ve received?
96. How many times have you won something in your life? (an award, a contest, a giveaway, a drawing, game show, etc.)
97. Have you ever been stuck on an elevator?
98. Are you most creative on your own or working with a team?
99. What is a consistent compliment you’ve received throughout your life?
100. Is there anything about how we currently handle our money that you would like to change or improve?
101. If/when I make you angry or upset, how would you like me to approach you?
102. What is one way we could improve our conflict resolution skills?
103. How would you like me to show you that I am paying attention to you?
104. If you could only pick 5 words to describe me to someone who has never met me, what would they be?
105. What is one unpopular opinion that you have?
106. What was your favorite class or classes in college? What did you love about them?
107. What is one of the best gifts you’ve ever been given?
108. If you could pick an actor/actress to play you in a movie about your life, who would it be?
109. What are the 3 happiest moments of your life?
110. What is something I do that makes you feel respected?
111. Did your family have any traditions that you want to continue in our family?
112. If you could start a foundation to combat one cause, what would it be?
113. What is one thing you’d like to change or overcome this year? If you already started on a goal, have you made any progress?
114. Identify a good marriage you’ve seen in your life. What made it a good marriage?
115. If you could choose any era or time period to have lived in, which would it be and why?
116. In what circumstances do you feel closest to me?
117. Describe a life lesson you’ve learned because of a mistake you made.
118. What are your expectations about how our life will look if we choose to have children?
119. What is a dream or recurring dream you remember very vividly?
120. How do you expect me to act when we are with groups of people? How much attention do you expect from me?
121. If you could be famous for something, what would you want it to be?
122. What dating experience before ours had the biggest impact on how you view relationships?
123. Are there traits you have that you wish you could change about yourself?
124. If I could read your mind, is there anything you’d be worried or anxious for me to hear?
125. What area or areas of your life do you feel not understood or heard?
126. Describe a time you overcame an anxiety or fear and had a wonderful experience because of it.
127. What is the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done?
128. When was the last time you tried something new?
129. What is one thing about our future together that you are really looking forward to?
130. Think about the Patronuses from Harry Potter: what memory do you believe would be strong enough to produce yours?
131. Love aside, what is your favorite part about being married/having a life partner?
132. What do you value most in your friendships?
133. What pieces of advice would you give to your teenage self?
134. What is one thing you want us to do more of together?
135. If you could be immediately great at an Olympic sport, what would it be?
136. When browsing a bookstore, what section do you gravitate to?
137. What is the most dangerous situation that you have survived?
138. Do you have a celebrity doppelganger?
139. What event or party would you want to have VIP access to?
140. What’s the most clever and funny joke you have ever heard?
141. What is something you consistently asked Santa for as a child but never got?
142. What were your favorite books to read as a kid?
143. What was your favorite family tradition growing up?
144. What is something you hated as a kid but now appreciate?
145. What national historical event have you found most interesting?
146. What unsolved historical event are you most interested in knowing the answers to?
147. Who was your favorite teacher in high school and why?
148. Who’s Ted Talk would you want to be in the audience for?
149. Did you ever do something to be sent to the principal’s office?
150. What was the last article you read about?
151. What is your ideal party to attend?
152. Do you have a motto you like to live by?
153. What book do you wish everyone was required to read in school?
154. What is one thing you never did in high school that you wish you did?
155. Did your family grow up with any funny or weird rules?
156. What are the most exciting things you have done on a dare?
157. What kind of videos do you watch on youtube most often?
158. Would you rather skydive, bungee jump, parasail, or hang glide?
159. What volunteer work would you like to do some day?
160. If you had a clone, how would you utilize him or her?
161. Name a person you have a lot of respect for and why?
162. If you could be the opposite gender for a day, what would you specifically do?
163. Did you ever make up a secret handshake with a friend, and do you still remember it?
164. When should you tell a child about Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, or the Easter bunny?
165. If safety wasn’t a concern, what natural phenomenon would you want to experience?
166. Would you rather put together a 20,000 piece puzzle or read a dictionary cover-to-cover?
167. What would you like to create with your own hands?
168. What is your favorite memory of dating me?
169. What is your favorite sexual memory of us?
170. What food reminds you of me?
171. When was the last time you thought about me in a positive way?
172. What is your favorite thing that I do for you?
173. What movie reminds you of us?
174. Which of your parents are you most like?
175. Which of our kids are most like you? (or if you aren’t parents yet: Do you ever picture having kids?)
176. What’s my best physical feature?
177. What do you like most that I do in bed?
178. What’s your favorite time of day to be intimate?
179. Do you like kissing or hugging more?
180. When did you know you wanted to be monogamous with me?
181. Do you ever get jealous if you see me talking to other attractive people?
182. Do you ever dream about me?
183. What do you think we need to work on the most in our relationship?
184. If you got sick, do you think I would be there to care for you?
185. Do you believe that I love you?
186. When did you know you wanted to kiss me?
187. What’s your favorite non-sex activity that we do together?
188. As a child, did you trust both of your parents?
189. What is your favorite thing I ever did for a special occasion for you?
190. What is your favorite sexual fantasy?
191. What is your favorite sexual position?
192. Do you ever think about me sexually during the day?
193. What is something I could do to make you trust me even more?
194. If you were a guest on a talk show, what would you talk about?
195. What trivia game subject do you answer the most correct questions in?
196. Have you ever sung/acted/performed in front of an audience?
197. What book should be turned into a movie that hasn’t yet?
198. Do you like designing things or making them yourself?
199. What celebrity should be cast as you if your life was put into a movie?
200. If you started a music group, what would your band name be?
201. Did you ever have a wish come true blowing out birthday candles?
202. What are some of the most comforting smells or scents to you?
203. What is the best toy every kid should have?
204. What was the kindest thing a stranger has ever done for you?
205. What restaurant would you choose to have on a deserted island with you?
206. What is the best life advice you have received and who said it?
207. If you started your own restaurant, what food would you serve?
208. What prop in a movie or television show would you pay money for?
209. What other languages would you want to learn?
210. What is the coolest thing you learned in a museum?
211. What song could you karaoke to?
212. What music album have you heard the most of?
213. Have you ever done a dare for money?
214. When do you feel the most protected and taken care of?
215. What can I do to make sure you feel safe with me?
216. When we hang out with friends, do I make you feel like you’re still my priority?
217. When we are with my family, do I make you feel like you’re still my priority?
218. Do you have any deal-breakers, things that would make you seriously reconsider our relationship?
219. What was the very first thing you thought about me?
220. When did you first think I was attractive?
221. How long do you think people should wait before having kids?
222. What did you learn about marriage from your parents?
223. What did you learn about physical affection from your parents?
224. What is your favorite book?
225. What is your favorite song?
226. What was your first favorite movie, as a child?
227. What do you want to do when you retire?
228. Do you ever picture having grandchildren?
229. What’s another career that you think you would love?
230. What’s your favorite physical feature of your own?
231. Who was your favorite teacher when you were a child?
232. What’s your favorite memory with your mom?
233. What’s your favorite memory with your dad?
234. Which significant other before me had the biggest impact on you?
235. What did you think after your first sexual experience?
236. Did you like high school or college better?
237. Where have you always wanted to travel?
238. Did you ever consider a totally different career path?
Woah! There you have it! I’ve given you the ultimate list of date night questions for you and your spouse. Now, take time to plan and prepare for your next exciting date night! Have a fabulous date night and a blessed marriage!
A tiny request: If you liked this post, please share this?
Thank you so much for your support, my dear reader.
If you enjoyed this post on Conversational Date Night Questions, you might also like:
- 65 POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS FOR MARRIAGE THAT WILL BUILD A HAPPIER AND HEALTHIER RELATIONSHIP
- UNIQUE AND BEST GIFT IDEAS FOR YOUR HUSBAND
- 14 REALISTIC RELATIONSHIP GOALS THAT WILL BUILD A HAPPIER AND STRONGER RELATIONSHIP
Thanks for reading this post on “ Conversational Date Night Questions”. Be sure to check out the pages above for more tips on dating, marriage, and relationships.
If you enjoyed this post, get updates from me. (it’s FREE)
You’re awesome for staying till the end. Signup for my newsletter below and more exciting freebies about self-improvement and relationships.
I send email updates about new posts, tips, and advice to build a happier and healthier life, love, and relationships.